This is the privacy notice of G S Haydon & Son Limited (registration number: 4599915) whose registered office is at G S Haydon & Son Limited, Pathfields Business Park, South Molton,Devon, EX36 3LH, referred to as we, us or our in this privacy notice.
This privacy notice sets out how we collect and process your personal data. This privacy notice also provides certain information that is legally required and lists your rights in relation to your personal data.
This privacy notice relates to personal information that identifies you as a natural person (whether you are an actual or potential customer, an individual who browses our website or an individual outside our organisation with whom we interact). We refer to this information throughout this privacy notice as personal data or personal information and further detail of what this includes are set out in this privacy notice below.
The privacy and security of your personal information is very important to us so we want to assure you that your information will be properly managed and protected by us at all times. Please read this privacy notice carefully as it explains how we may collect and use your personal data.
This privacy notice may vary from time to time so please check it regularly. This privacy notice was last updated on 31st July 2018.
Controller and contact details
For the purposes of relevant data protection legislation, we are a controller of your personal data. As a controller we use (or process) the personal data we hold about you in accordance with this privacy notice.
If you need to contact us in connection with the use or processing of your personal data, then you can do so using our contact details as set out below.
Our data protection officer is Daniel Haydon who you can contact at email@example.com or 01769572134
What information we hold about you and where we obtain this from
The personal data that we collect about you may include the following information:
- Personal data you provide to us in person, via our website, Email or by telephone.
- Personal data you provide when you enquire about Joinery, or when you purchase a Joinery package,
through us, including information about what Joinery you would like to have priced or carried out.
- General information about you, such as your name, address and contact details.
- Personal data you provide if you subscribe to any of our mailing or newsletter services.
- Financial details, such as your bank account and card details.
- Information about your use of our website such as your IP address, which is a unique number identifying
your computer, including personal data gathered using cookies
How we use your personal data and the lawful basis for doing so
Where we are relying on a basis other than consent
We may rely on one or more of the following legal bases when processing your personal data for the following purposes:
Purposes for which we process your personal data
1 - In order to perform our contractual obligations to you. This would include us fulfilling your requests for Joinery services.
2 - To administer your account.
3 - To let you know about similar products and services that may be of interest to you
The basis on which we can do this (this is what the law allows)
1 - The processing is necessary in connection with any contract that you may enter into with us.
2 - The processing is necessary in connection with any contract that you may enter into with us
3 - The processing is necessary to pursue our legitimate interest in operating our business
Who we pass your personal data to
We may need to pass your personal data to other individuals/ companies which may include:
- Family, associates or representatives of the person whose personal data we are processing, If any of the listed contact us regarding the same project we may need to share some information to allow completing project.
- Staff, we will need to share some data with our staff to allow them visiting site/ your home to carry out works required.
- Other organisations where we have a duty to or are permitted to disclose your personal information by law, for example if we received a valid request from the police or other third party organisation in the interest of preventing and detecting crime
- Credit reference agencies to check your credit history. This check will be recorded on your credit reference file without affecting your ability to apply for credit or other financial products.
- Third parties we use to recover money you may owe us or to whom we may sell your debt.
- Another company, if our business or part of it is bought or taken over by that company to make sure your Joinery can continue to be serviced or as part of preliminary discussions with that company about a possible sale or take over.
The information you share with us may be transferred by us or any of the types of firms or organisations we have noted above, to other countries in order for processing to take place, including locations outside of the UK and the European Union. We will only do so if there are adequate levels of protection in place as required by applicable data protection laws.
Accessing our website and cookies
When you visit our website, we may collect information from you, such as your email address, IP address and other online identifiers. This helps us to track unique visits and monitor patterns of customer website traffic, such as who visits and why they visit. We use third parties to collate IP addresses to help us understand our Internet traffic data and data regarding your browser type and computer. We may also use web usage information to create statistical data regarding the use of our website. We may then use or disclose that statistical data to others for marketing and strategic development purposes, but no individuals will be identified in such statistical data.
Internet browsers normally accept cookies by default, although it’s possible to set a browser to reject cookies. We’ll ask your permission before using any cookie that’s not essential to the email or the use of the website. However, refusing to accept cookies may restrict your use of our website and/or delay or affect the way in which our website operates. You can find more information on cookies when you visit our website.
The open nature of the internet is such that data may flow over networks without security measures, and may be accessed and used by people other than those for whom the data is intended. While this is outside of our control, we do take the protection of your information very seriously and aim to apply appropriate levels of security at all times.
We will only store your data for as long as is necessary to comply with the requirements of your Joinery contract(s) and any legal obligations or lawful processing conditions that may exist as a result. You have a number of rights concerning the personal information we use, which you may ask us to observe. In some cases even when you make a request concerning your personal information, we may not be required, or be able to carry out your request as this may result in us not being able to fulfil our legal and regulatory obligations under the lawful processing conditions under which we hold your data or because there is a minimum statutory period of time for which we have to keep you information. If this is the case, we’ll let you know our reasons.
You can ask us to:
- Provide a copy of your personal information
- Correct or delete unnecessary or inaccurate personal information
- Restrict or to object to the use of your personal information at any time
- Provide your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to haveyour personal data transferred to another controller. This right only applies where our processing of your personal data is automated and the processing took place initially with your consent or for the performance of a contract with you.
- Where we rely on your consent to use your personal information, you can withdraw that consent at any time. Where your consent is withdrawn, your previous consent will remain valid in respect of our use of your information prior to the date you withdrew it, or if any marketing material has been sent prior to you advising that you don’t want us to contact you againIf you have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice or your data protection rights please contact us using our details set out at the beginning of this privacy notice.
You also have the right to make an enquiry or to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you are unhappy with our use of your data, or if you think we have breached a legal requirement. Further details about the ICO are available at: ico.org.uk.
How we contact you about other products and services
We will not contact you by email, telephone or post about our other services, however we may discuss our other services with you on our initial meeting, telephone call or email, for example you may call up regarding new internals doors you would like to have made so we would mention our capabilities of also being able to supply the door frames and architraves if required, please note that this will not affect us contacting you about the servicing of products that you have specifically requested from us.