Interior Joinery - General Joiner
Joiners who do internal projects and general joinery spend most of their time in our workshop and some of their time away from the workshop installing what has been made. This means dealing with instructions and drawings issued within the workshop but also dealing face-to-face with clients, respecting their needs and ensuring a quality job is installed once you’ve made it.
It is a unique opportunity to not only make from scratch new custom made joinery in Devon, but to work on special projects such as kitchens, bookcases, built-ins and furniture. It requires taking full ownership of the process and being responsible for high standards, maintaining a clean and oraganised workplace, bringing in other members of the team to assist on the project as required.
When you join, you will be shown what is expected, our way, to ensure that quality is delivered for our clients. Once settled in then it’s up to you to take ownership. There will be times where workflow and jobs vary and you will be expected to complete any other tasks that relate to GS Haydon & Son.
What you’ll do
- Make carcases using common sheet material.
- Install dovetailed drawers using undermount drawer runners.
- Working with drawings and specification sheets and creating your own rods when needed.
- Liaise properly with the client and demonstrate a competent approach when required.
- Make face frames and doors or overlay style as required.
- Work with varied ironmongery
- Being clean and methodical in your work.
- Be responsible for anyone assisting you and get the best from them.
- Be responsible for the safe use of tools we provide, report defects and arrange for repairs.
- Erect tower scaffolding as required
- Work on scaffolding as required.
- Driving. A full license is required.
- A good understanding of general joinery such as windows and doors.
- Used traditional fixed machines woodworking machines and the respective tooling.
- Assist in the workshop as required or any other tasks relating to GS Haydon & Son
- 40hrs per week 8am to 5pm
What you’ll need
- Experience of making and installing interior joinery and making general joinery.
- A positive attitude to your work and those around you.
- Excellent time-management, problem solving skills.
- A client-focussed approach, prioritizing a quality job and experience.
- Excellent communication skills that inspire confidence with the client and those around you.
- A core of appropriate hand tools and a drill driver. The rest we will provide. What you’ll receive Depending on your experience and ability level, salary will be, by negotiation, in excess of £25,000 per annum dependent with 28 days holiday, inclusive of bank holidays. We will consider flexible working as long as we are able to deliver a consistent service to our clients