Installer and Site Work
Joiners who do installation and site work spend most of their time on a project away from the workshop. This means dealing face-to-face with clients, respecting their needs and ensuring a quality job is done. It is a unique opportunity to not only install new custom made joinery, but to work on special projects such as barn conversions, listed properties and modern builds. It requires taking full ownership of the process and being responsible not only for our joinery work in Devon, work but ensuring the clients home is respected and kept clean. When you join, you will be shown what is expected, our way, to ensure that quality is delivered for our clients. Once settled in then it’s up to you to take ownership. There will be times where you will be in the workshop and expected to complete any other tasks that relate to GS Haydon & Son.
What you’ll do
- Install windows, doors and stairs.
- Hang doors on site
- Refurbish and repair old joinery on site.
- Respecting the client and their environment.
- Liaise properly with the client and demonstrate a competent approach.
- Being clean and methodical in your work.
- Be responsible for anyone assisting you and get the best from them.
- Be responsible for the safe use of tools we provide, report defects and arrange for repairs.
- Erect tower scaffolding as required
- Work on scaffolding as required.
- Driving. A full license is required.
- Making good using common finishes such as Hardwall, Multi-Finish, Surface Fillers Cement renders. We don’t expect a builder but being able to use common finishes is essential.
- Assist in the workshop as required or any other tasks relating to GS Haydon & Son
- 40hrs per week 8am to 5pm
What you’ll need
- Experience of installing joinery.
- A positive attitude to your work and those around you.
- Excellent time-management, problem solving skills.
- A client-focussed approach, prioritizing a quality job and experience.
- Excellent communication skills that inspire confidence with the client and those around you.
- A core of appropriate hand tools and a drill driver. The rest we will provide.
What you’ll receive
Depending on your experience and ability level, salary will be, by negotiation, in excess of £25,000 per annum dependent with 28 days holiday, inclusive of bank holidays. We will consider flexible working as long as we are able to deliver a consistent service to our clients