Joinery Assistant - Finishes
Joinery Assistant - Finishes Joiner’s Assistants who also apply Finishes spend most of their time in our workshop and some of their time away from the workshop installing what has been made. This means carefully reading information provided on specification sheets and using this to guide you to apply the correct ironmongery, finishes or install the correct glass as required.
You also assist others installing as required. It is an opportunity to be an integral part of a process that builds in quality. You are part of a team that work on a wide variety of special projects from kitchens and bookcases to windows and doors. It requires taking full ownership of the process and being responsible for high standards, maintaining a clean and oraganised workplace, bringing in other members of the team to assist on the project as required.
When you join, you will be shown what is expected, our way, to ensure that quality is delivered for our clients. Once settled in then it’s up to you to take ownership. There will be times where workflow and jobs vary and you will be expected to complete any other tasks that relate to GS Haydon & Son.
What you’ll do
- Apply waterborne coatings using airless air assisted pumps.
- Using a through sander.
- Working with drawings and specification sheets to select finishes, ironmongery and glass correctly.
- Liaise with the team and ensure quality is maintained.
- Hang simple windows.
- Work with varied ironmongery.
- Being clean and methodical in your work.
- Be responsible for anyone assisting you and get the best from them.
- Be responsible for the safe use of tools we provide, report defects and arrange for repairs.
- Work on scaffolding as required.
- Driving. A full license is helpful but not essential.
- A good understanding of general joinery such as windows and doors.
- Assist in the workshop as required or any other tasks relating to GS Haydon & Son
- 40hrs per week 8am to 5pm
What you’ll need
- Experience of applying coatings and of assisting in a joinery workshop.
- A positive attitude to your work and those around you.
- Excellent time-management, problem solving skills.
- A client-focussed approach, prioritizing a quality job and experience.
- Excellent communication skills that inspire confidence with the client and those around you.
- A core of appropriate hand tools and a drill driver. The rest we will provide.
What you’ll receive
Depending on your experience and ability level, salary will be, by negotiation, in excess of £21,850 per annum dependent with 28 days holiday, inclusive of bank holidays. We will consider flexible working as long as we are able to deliver a consistent service to our clients